Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Unemployed Hack, a favourite blog


 

Posted on 

The Unemployed Hack calls himself a downwardly mobile journalist and his blog recounts memories of times as a tabloid journalist to day to day recallings of signing on and dealing with a very low income.
He has been unemployed for almost six months now. He was previously a reporter, a feature writer, a travel writer, a critic. He has even designed pages and also been a lecturer. Oh, and a bingo operative but that was a long time ago.
In his own words:
I used to be a tabloid hack. I’ve knocked on the doors of the bereaved, had doors slammed in my face, been chased by dogs up driveways. I’ve blagged my way into hotels to chase celebs, asked footballers who they are “intimate” with and attended strip shows all in the name of journalism.
As the nation turns on the “dark” activities of tabloid journalism I can’t share your moral outrage. I could point out that the police hack the phones of political activists all the time, and they do, but really I miss the camaraderie, the gang mentality that comes from being as hated as estate agents.
More importantly, he is a very good read.
http://unemployedhack.wordpress.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

wibiya widget